Okuma AZORES spinning reels are designed specifically for saltwater fishing. With the proven power features and the patented interior design, AZORES is much more durable, strong and smoother than the competition.
- DFD: Precision Dual Force Drag system
- Precision click drag adjustment for more precise settings
- Multi-disc, Carbonite and felt drag washers for DFD
- 6HPB + 1RB corrosion-resistant stainless steel bearings
- Quick-Set anti-reverse roller bearing plus ratchet system
- Dual anti-reverse system for maximum security
- Azores-40 size only features the Quick-Set anti-reverse function
- A precision machine-cut brass pinion gear
- CRC: Corrosion-resistant coating process
- HDGII: Corrosion-resistant, High-density gearing
- ALC: Rigid diecast aluminum body, side plate, and rotor
- MSS: carbon Mechanical Stabilizing System
- Machined aluminum, 2-tone anodized spool with LCS lip
- Machined aluminum handle arm for added strength
- Hydro Block watertight drag seal
Mechanical Stabilizing System (MSS)The Mechanical Stabilizing System for spinning reel is a new exclusive Okuma technical design, the carbon plates increase the stability as well as help eliminate the vibration, integrally the MSS makes the reel running mechanically perfect.
Dual Force Drag SystemDFD incorporates both surfaces of the spool to maximize high-end drag pressure, efficiency and overall smoothness. Mounted in the top of the spool and protected by the Hydro Block system is a multi-disc felt drag system that works in conjunction with a secondary drag system that is mounted under the spool. Even pressure is applied to both surfaces of the spool for maximum stability and significantly increased drag output compared to traditional single drag systems.
Knurled Spool DesignKnurling band on spool arbor increases friction and provides a locking point for braid which eliminates slipping and the need for backing resulting in maximum line capacity.
AlumiLite Construction (ALC)Rigid die-cast aluminum body, side plate, and rotor: AlumiLite Construction incorporates Okuma's rigid aluminum body technology, alum frames are stronger and more rigid and are capable of withstanding more pressure and torque than traditional graphite frames. These lightweights, die-cast alum frames provide more precise tolerances for precision gear alignment, maximum stability, and ultimate durability.
Aluminum Material with Strong Anti-Corrosion FeatureThe unique feature of its anti-corrosion characteristic performs extraordinarily well and is with a resistance of 50% stronger than the general material in the market.
High Performance Bearing (HPB)6 high-performance ball bearings provide the Azores with outstanding smoothness and reliability in saltwater fishing environments. The balls used on the HPB's are constructed from the same high-grade stainless steel material as the bearing housing.
Machine Cut Aluminum HandleA rigid machine cut aluminum handle arm increases cranking power and performance. Ergonomic oval handle knob offers comfort for all fishing conditions.
Oversize Main ShaftA thicker main shaft and robust metal bushing can withstand 3 times the axial impact pressure of traditional designs.
Dual Anti-Reverse SystemThe Azores features Okuma's trusted Quick-Set anti-reverse system and a backup multi-stop anti-reverse system for increased durability and reliability in all fishing conditions.
Pinion Gear Supported With 2 Ball BearingsAn extra bearing supports the pinion gear for improved gear meshing and smooth transfer of power under heavy pressure.
|Model||Gear ratio||Bearings||Weight (g)||Line retrieve(cm)||Max drag force(kg)||Mono line capacity (mm)|